Your skin, like the rest of your body, needs nourishment.
Lemon is packed with some of the nutrients beneficial to your skin plus loads of benefits that can help your skin glow and be healthy. All the blackheads, pimples, and other skin blemishes try to mar your skin, but you can and should say no with some wonder-working homemade lemon face packs.
Oftentimes, dust, sun exposure, and oil clog the skin, making it look dull and filled with blemishes. In such a situation, lemon becomes an essential ingredient for your skincare routine. Lemon is effective for grease cutting and so most suitable for oily skin. It helps cleanse the skin and unclogs the pores too. It also contains citric acid, which has a peeling action, thereby working as a skin lightening and anti-tan agent.
To get the best out of your Lemon, you are free to get creative. Yea, made into face packs with other natural, healthy ingredients, lemon becomes even more potent for achieving clear, glowing skin.
A lemon face pack can help your skin in the following ways:
- Fight against premature aging
- Prevention and treatment of acne
- Reduce oil on the face
- Keep your skin healthy, radiant and supple
- Act as a natural anti-tan and lightening agents
- Effective as a cleansing agent and moisturizer
- Lip exfoliator
- Removal of dead skin
Wondering how you can use lemon to enjoy these benefits? Let’s look at some of the best homemade lemon face packs that can help you achieve clear skin
Lemon and Turmeric Face Pack
Turmeric has been used for various therapeutic purposes over the years. Its benefits transcend cooking. For instance, turmeric performs anti-inflammatory actions and heals skin diseases. It also gives luster and radiance to the skin. Add these to the various benefits of lemon, and you have a great way to achieve radiant skin. If you are looking for ageless skin that is clear of blemishes, this combination of lemon and turmeric is for you.
To Prepare the Lemon and Turmeric Face Pack
- Get 1 lemon juice, crushed/powdered turmeric, and water or rosewater.
- Cut the lemon into two and squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
- Add a quarter of a teaspoon of turmeric
- Add 1 tablespoon of rosewater or ordinary water.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck. Leave for about 20 minutes, then wash it with warm water.
- Repeat this routine two or three times every week.
Lemon and Honey Pack
Honey, as you probably know, has numerous skin benefits. It moisturizes the skin, lightens dark spots/scars, exfoliates, and is effective in treating skin blemishes like sunburn and pimples.
When mixed with honey, lemon becomes a potent ingredient for clear, healthy skin.
How to Prepare the Lemon and Honey Face Pack
- You will need 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice, honey, and water
- Dilute the lemon with the water
- Add the honey to the solution
- Stir all together
- Clean your face properly
- Then smear the mixture over your face and neck
- Wash your face with warm water after 15 to 20 minutes
- Repeat the process every 3 days
Lemon with Tomatoes and Oats Pack
Yea, your kitchen ingredients can also function as your skincare ingredients. From our grandmothers’ era, tomatoes and oats have been used for cooking and beauty care. Both of these can help nourish and moisturize the skin. They also protect the skin from sunburn and other skin blemishes.
How you can Prepare the Lemon, Tomato and Oats Face Pack
- Blend one tomato with a tablespoon of lime into a pulp.
- Add powdered oats into the pulp and stir. The oats will help bind the mixture together
- Apply the mixture to your face
- Leave for about 15 minutes
- Then wash off with tepid water –
This routine is most suitable for oily skin. It also works well when you want to remove tan.
Lemon Face Pack with Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is widely known for its various skin benefits, including moisturizing the skin. It also has some healing properties, which help remove acne and spots. Aloe vera can prove vital in the prevention/treatment of sunburn.
Aloe Vera and lemon face pack will help exfoliate, soothe the skin and give it an even, radiant tone.
How to Prepare Lemon and Aloe Vera Face Pack:
- You will need about 2 teaspoons of fresh aloe vera gel and about 5 drops of lemon juice.
- Cut a stem of aloe vera. Slice it open from the side
- Use a spoon or knife to scrape out the needed quantity of the aloe vera.
- Thoroughly mix it with the lemon juice. If you can’t mix properly with spoon or hand, blend them
- Apply the mixture over your face
- Leave for at least 15 minutes
- Then rinse with warm water
- Perform this ritual at least 3 times a week for best results.
Lemon and Banana Face Pack
Banana is not just a nutritious fruit; it is also an essential ingredient in a skincare routine. Naturally, banana has an excellent, soothing effect on the skin. It keeps the skin soft, young, and glowing. Its other benefits include oil control, anti-aging effects, and acne treatment.
Banana is filled with vitamins A, B, C, and E and other essential minerals that nourish your skin to radiance. When combined with lemon, you get one of the best homemade lemon face packs for clear skin.
How to Prepare Lemon and Banana Pack
- Mash one stick of banana
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Add half a teaspoon of honey (for oily skin) or a few drops of olive oil (for dry skin). This step is optional
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly into a smooth pulp
- Apply gently to your face
- Repeat 2-3 times a week
It is easy to achieve glowing skin with these lemon face packs. All you need do is to select the best option for you and be consistent with the routine. However, first, conduct a skin patch test to ensure that your body is not allergic to lemon or any of the other ingredients.